EPG - remove 'New:' tags (UK Freeview)

Full administration access to your ARGUS TV system
kitehigh

EPG - remove 'New:' tags (UK Freeview)

Post by kitehigh » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:48 am

Hello,

I notice that a number of shows have 'New:' at the start of the title and this tends to add confusion where the first episode of a series is labelled with 'New:' but subsequent episodes are not.

I use the internal OTA epg grabber - Is there any way to automatically remove 'New:' from the start of the title?

Christoph21x

Re: EPG - remove 'New:' tags (UK Freeview)

Post by Christoph21x » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:00 am

To be honest: no.
This is part of your grabber -and has to be solved within it; or to be solved through using another one.

Not part of Argus TV - I'm sorry.

Kind greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

kitehigh

Post by kitehigh » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:13 pm

Ok, when I say 'grabber' maybe that's the wrong term - I am using the Argus recorder console settings to have the guide data pulled from the OTA signal for each channel, so it is part of Argus TV.

I can't see any settings so I will probably have to set up an external grabber (EPG Collector?) which allows this - just wanted to check that I'm not missing something within Argus that would do this already.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:23 pm

kitehigh wrote:Ok, when I say 'grabber' maybe that's the wrong term - I am using the Argus recorder console settings to have the guide data pulled from the OTA signal for each channel, so it is part of Argus TV.

I can't see any settings so I will probably have to set up an external grabber (EPG Collector?) which allows this - just wanted to check that I'm not missing something within Argus that would do this already.
Hi kite
I'm sorry: even then it's part of the content that provides your broadcast - there's no way within Argus to edit or change its content. It is taken "as is".

Kind greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

kitehigh

Post by kitehigh » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:57 pm

ok thanks for clarifying.
now off to set up EPG collector!