Pre and post record settings are ignored

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
Vertigo

Pre and post record settings are ignored

Post by Vertigo » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:31 pm

Hi all, first post in here so please be gentle (lol)

Just been setting up Argus and Kodi for the first time and all seems to be working well - I'm quite impressed with Argus, although I really struggle to like Kodi.

One issue I'm having with recordings is that, when done from Kodi, the pre and post record values are ignored. These are at their defaults of 2 and 5 mins respectively. If I schedule a recording directly in Argus then these values are used, no problems. If I do it from Kodi however, they're ignored or overridden with values of zero. The scheduled recording in Argus shows zero for both and the recording is done on the exact times with no pre or post buffer.

Why is this and is there any way of fixing it? I don't want Kodi to supply any values for this, just let Argus use the defaults. Any help appreciated.

Vertigo

Re: Pre and post record settings are ignored

Post by Vertigo » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:49 pm

Ah sorry, answered my own question - I didn't have the expert settings enabled in Kodi :)

logifuse

Post by logifuse » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:46 am

The short answer is that the Kodi client for Argus isn't a full feature client. :(

While it can stream live TV, view recordings, & even schedule recordings, it does so in more of a sync way than a live way. By that I mean that Kodi works off a snapshot of where Argus is when it starts up (& periodically while in use), & when you make a change to something in there (say view a recording or schedule a recording) that info happens in Kodi & is then passed back to Argus.

Contrast that with the MediaPortal client which is full featured & is a live connection between MediaPortal & Argus.

So, at the moment (although this is being developed), Kodi's framework for scheduling a recording is much more limited than what Argus has available. It only has a handful of simple parameters, & it pass those through once set, rather than having a "live" interaction with Argus when scheduling the recording.

You can try some of the newer alpha/beta/RC versions of Kodi (15) that have series recording ability, etc & see if they work, otherwise the Argus web interface is the best way to set & manage recordings.

Vertigo

Post by Vertigo » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:40 am

Thanks for that, maybe I'll give MediaPortal a try too. Basically trying to find a viable alternative to WMC for live TV watching/recording so I can upgrade to Win10.