ArgusTV backend crashes Kodi 17 on exit ?

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
i0zjh02

ArgusTV backend crashes Kodi 17 on exit ?

Post by i0zjh02 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:45 pm

Is anybody else using Kodi as a front end. I'm checking out the alpha of version 17 and with ArgusTV PVR client active it crashes every time I quit Kodi. Seems like I'm not the only one as there's a post on the Kodi forum

One of the Kodi developers has posted this in the thread :(

"Seems Argus client has no maintainer and will decay further. If nobody cares we finally have to drop it from our repo."

It would be a real shame if we lost support for ArgusTV in Kodi. Is anybody out there able to fix this issue ??

Really hope support for ArgusTV picks up again. I have no issue paying for a product like ArgusTV (I already donated a while back) if it would help kick off the development again as its an excellent package!!

argusinkodi

Re: ArgusTV backend crashes Kodi 17 on exit ?

Post by argusinkodi » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:55 pm

Same issue here using Kodi 17 Beta. I would be happy to donate if further development is done.

i0zjh02

Post by i0zjh02 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:11 am

The ArgusTV PVR add-on is now disabled under the latest Kodi 17 Nightly releases, Is there nobody who can fix this :-( Really dont want to have ditch ArgusTV and to switch to an inferior backend !!

Infidelus

Post by Infidelus » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:11 am

Pity that it is, and I know I've mentioned it a couple of times, I have a feeling the ArgusTV project is dead. There's been no development for well over a year (getting closer to two years) and Dot-i seems to have fallen off the face of the planet.

While it still works, I'll carry on using it, but I'm looking more and more at alternatives (inferior though they may be).