SchedulesDirect JSON client

Other clients written by the community
buff

Re: SchedulesDirect JSON client

Post by buff » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi, wondered if someone could help?

Been using ArgusTV with an XMLTV import for several years and mostly all good - recently had an issue with no Channel 4HD guide being added, so thought I would try Schedules Direct and this addon.

I've unzipped the GuideImporter into the Argus TV Program Files (X86) folder, deleted my guide in Scheduler and successfully (I believe) created a config file and lineup in GuideImporter - however when I click import I get the following message in the log and similar on screen "There was an error importing the guide data: An item with the same key has already been added."

And in Scheduler there is no guide at all.

What am I doing wrong or not doing?

Many thanks

lisag

Post by lisag » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:39 pm

I'm afraid I gave up on this grabber. I now use Schedules Direct JSON Service with the MC2XML grabber, it seems quite stable for me and runs automatically at midday every day via Task Scheduler.

buff

Post by buff » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:47 pm

Thanks, that's really helpful - very simple tool.

Imported the new guide but all the channel names seem to be different, but I'll have to spend some time playing around with this one and see how I get on.

Many thanks

hucknallred

Post by hucknallred » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:58 pm

buff wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:52 pm
Been using ArgusTV with an XMLTV import for several years and mostly all good - recently had an issue with no Channel 4HD guide being added, so thought I would try Schedules Direct and this addon.
Are you using Freesat as your source on SD?
Channel 4HD is no longer on Freesat which may explain you no longer getting data.

MrGrymReaper

Post by MrGrymReaper » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:56 pm

When I have been using the JSON grabber, it was regularly found by me that the feed entries appropriate for radio are placed in the TV section.

For example UK Freeview's - BBC Radio 1, Radio 2, Radio 3 etc are placed in TV section for EPG rather than Radio. Can the radio entries please be placed by the Guide Importer for JSON into the correct category of broadcast type?

As on UK Freeview for my FTA transmitter (Tacolneston) reception for my area has radio broadcasts identified as radio not TV.
This incorrect placement prevents mapping the SDJSON guide data to the Freeview scan results. As the scan results place Television broadcasts in TV and Radio broadcasts in Radio appropriately.

East Anglia Region on JSON - Post code part NR10.

arnie580

Post by arnie580 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:25 pm

I have just started to use this plugin to get get guide data after scrubbing TVGuide.co.uk for the last year or so and am impressed with how much data I get in comparison now.

The only thing I have setup from before which I can't seem to figure out now is how to flag programmes as movies. I know schedules direct provides this info as part of the json, specifically under categories, however in the DB this appears to have been removed (however all other categories remain).

Is it possible to have "Movies" still left in as a category?

toricred

Post by toricred » Tue May 19, 2020 1:12 am

I know this thread hasn't been updated in a year and a half, but all of a sudden I'm seeing the guide off by 6 hours. I'm in the Mountain Time Zone, we observe Daylight Savings Time, and prime time is showing up as starting at 1:00pm today. I don't know how to check on Schedules Direct if something is wrong. I just ran the guide import again and it's still showing as off by 6 hours.