Argus TV HD for Android

Other clients written by the community
d.a.houtman

Re: Argus TV HD for Android

Post by d.a.houtman » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:19 am

Version 2.3 of Argus TV has broken the Argus TV HD for Android app. I'am working on it right now. As soon as there is a solution I'll let you know.

JeffreyNL

Post by JeffreyNL » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:38 am

Het is alweer even stil, heb je een update wanneer we de nieuwe versie kunnen verwachten?

d.a.houtman

Post by d.a.houtman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:27 pm

JeffreyNL wrote:Het is alweer even stil, heb je een update wanneer we de nieuwe versie kunnen verwachten? (It's been silent for quite a moment. Can you tell us when there is a new version to be expected)
Actually I was waiting for the new version 2.3, but it was still a release candidate, until dec 2014. I haven't installed version 2.3 yet, but now i can do and sea that this version doesn't work with the Argus TV HD for Android. Maybe next weekend.

CM000n

Post by CM000n » Wed May 06, 2015 12:30 pm

Hi, are there any news on a new/updated Version of the Android App?

Also I would like to suggest a new feature.
I bought me a nexus player a few days ago and would love to see Android Tv / Google live channels compatibility, if that is possible for you to do.

See here: http://www.androidcentral.com/googles-l ... d-it-would

If you are interested in delevelop Android TV compatibility I woul be glad to help you with bug reports and logcats. ;)

Thanks in advance for you reply

d.a.houtman

Post by d.a.houtman » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:42 pm

I finally found time to install version 2.3 of Argus TV. Then i migrated from Eclips to Android Studio. Know i have to debug the Argus TV HD for Android and try to find what is going on. So hang on.

logifuse

Post by logifuse » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:44 am

Great news, thanks.

This is one of the main reasons I'm sticking with 2.2.2 for the time being.

d.a.houtman

Post by d.a.houtman » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:32 am

Yesterday i got Android Studio to work with my app. I have migrated from Eclipse to Android Studio. This wasn't very easy at all. :x

Today I have debugged the app with Argus TV version 2.3. I found out that some request to the Argus TV server have been changed a bit. I followed the discussion viewtopic.php?f=52&t=5075 here. At this time EPG is working again, but recordings aren't displayed in Red yet. In addition to that i haven't got recordings to work yet.

You have to be patient for some more days i'm afraid.

d.a.houtman

Post by d.a.houtman » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:40 am

Finally i uploaded a new version to Google Play store. I only made changes to work with Argus TV 2.3. Have fun

simonsays

Post by simonsays » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:22 pm

Nice one. Certainly a lightweight alternative for some managing of schedules and looking into epgs.

I never bothered to try the cif thingy or install a http server, mostly because there was an easyer alternative.

I created a dedicated Windows User account for access from my mobile devices. This user has a password set so it is better suited for network access.

Within a file browser on Android (ES Explorer) I access the Argus recording shares (username and password needed ;) ) on the Windows box and just navigate the folders and start the .ts files with a video player. Biggest problem was, not all players can random access .ts this way. Of course I cannot search by schedule name, because the folders are named for the shows names.

And then there is also kodi (xbmc). This is soooo not made for touch devices and frustrating to operate. Tried several times over the years, finally seems to be working, but the player is .... nope. Staying with made-for-touch-devices Videoplayers on Android.