Argus TV HD for Android

Other clients written by the community
cybersheep

Re: Argus TV HD for Android

Post by cybersheep » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:57 am

I just wondered was there any update on the manual for this please? I downloaded Argus TV HD the other day on my new phone, but TBH couldn't figure out how to get it working.

d.a.houtman

Post by d.a.houtman » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:32 pm

there isn't a manual yet, but if you describe your troubles i can try to help you.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 10 met Tapatalk

sherigan

Post by sherigan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:26 pm

cybersheep wrote:I just wondered was there any update on the manual for this please? I downloaded Argus TV HD the other day on my new phone, but TBH couldn't figure out how to get it working.
Do yourself a favor and just install xbmc for android on your tablet, and activate the Argus client there. Works quite nicely

QLink

Post by QLink » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:32 pm

@sherigan:

so i assume argus tv client in xbmc for android works for you on your tablet/phone ?

can you tell me how you managed to get it working ?
which argus tv version are you using and which xbmc version ?

cause i can't get it running. i get epg and the channel list, but when i try to start a livestream i only get the running circle "working" and nothing happens...

banhuk

Post by banhuk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:29 am

Qlink you are lucky. . Since Argus 2.3 my epg and channel list don't work :-(.... As for xbmc.... it's fine on my main htpc with openelec and my other pc with windows. .. but xbmc on android doesn't load live tv - it loads the epg and recordings fine from the backend but when you try to view live tv it just sits there with a spinning circle like it's trying to load something. ... Therefore I have no working live tv for android on my phone. .. I've been using the browser to set recordings but it's not ideal on my phone. .. better than nothing. .. does anyone else have a fix for android tv hd or another android solution? Thanks

cybersheep

Post by cybersheep » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:36 pm

d.a.houtman wrote:there isn't a manual yet, but if you describe your troubles i can try to help you.

Thanks to yourself for the reply, and others for suggestions.

It seems my problem is more fundamental than merely Argus TV HD not working, as I am unable to get a standard multi-set setup working using Windows PC's either... So I've posted a new separate thread for that... once that's resolved I'll take a look at access from Android via Argus TV HD or XBMC again.

d.a.houtman

Post by d.a.houtman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:23 am

sherigan wrote:
cybersheep wrote:I just wondered was there any update on the manual for this please? I downloaded Argus TV HD the other day on my new phone, but TBH couldn't figure out how to get it working.
Do yourself a favor and just install xbmc for android on your tablet, and activate the Argus client there. Works quite nicely
I watch the telly via XBMC nowadays. This works very good, but i use my Argus TV HD for Android as well. The benefit of the Android client is that you can quickly see your EPG and schedule a new program. I can do this everywhere in the house using my Nexus 10 or mobile phone. Otherwise i have to go to the living room, put on the telly, start XBMC wait for the connection with the Argus server and schedule the program.

I have to admit that I don't have XBMC running on Android. I went back to good old Windows for my living room setup.

phate89

Post by phate89 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:19 pm

Root is needed for cifsmanager method right?

d.a.houtman

Post by d.a.houtman » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:02 am

For cifsmanager you need root, but i don't use that anymore. To stream my content to android i installed lighttpd (http://www.lighttpd.net) on my Argus TV server. Argus TV HD can cooperate with this web-server. If you click a recording to play on Android, Argus TV HD starts your favorite movie player and passes the web address to lightppd to it.

bluc

Post by bluc » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:47 am

So... anyone with a working config care to share how to get it working? I copied the settings from google play changing ip adress but no connection....