Re: Argus TV HD for Android

Post by d.a.houtman » Sun May 05, 2013 9:54 pm

Just uploaded version 1.7

- Treeview for recordings
- Select right details before playing

d.a.houtman

Post by d.a.houtman » Mon May 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Unfortunately there is a null pointer exception error in the latest version, which doesn't occur in the debug version. So I just uploaded version 1.8. Hopefully the error doesn't occur anymore

luetty

Post by luetty » Mon May 06, 2013 7:09 pm

codex wrote:Just got my new android device and thought I'd give Argus TV HD a run after using apple devices for years. Nice app, but I've got a couple of questions.

Is there any way you can use channel groups, and possibly order the same way as argus rather than alphabetical? I've got a favourites channel list as I don't want all the channels displayed in the epg.
+1 please!

d.a.houtman

Post by d.a.houtman » Mon May 06, 2013 8:13 pm

codex wrote:Is there any way you can use channel groups, and possibly order the same way as argus rather than alphabetical? I've got a favourites channel list as I don't want all the channels displayed in the epg.
I have looked into the documentation of Argus TV from dot-i, but i really can't find anything to grep epg data of a group or grep epg in the same order that the Windows client can show. I never used this feature as I only have 4 channels to watch. Nevertheless I will post a question to dot-i in the developer part of the forum. Maybe he can give me a hint in a specific direction. Hang on....

dot-i
Site Admin

Post by dot-i » Mon May 06, 2013 8:36 pm

All the ARGUS TV clients use the exact same API as your tool uses, so it'll work ;) As far as I can remember by heart the order is fixed by the result from the API call, so in other words, you don't need to do anything at all with the data, just put in on the screen in the order you got it back.
I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf. -- Robert Bloch

Kay Diefenthal

Post by Kay Diefenthal » Mon May 06, 2013 9:38 pm

d.a.houtman wrote:
codex wrote:Is there any way you can use channel groups, and possibly order the same way as argus rather than alphabetical? I've got a favourites channel list as I don't want all the channels displayed in the epg.
I have looked into the documentation of Argus TV from dot-i, but i really can't find anything to grep epg data of a group or grep epg in the same order that the Windows client can show. I never used this feature as I only have 4 channels to watch. Nevertheless I will post a question to dot-i in the developer part of the forum. Maybe he can give me a hint in a specific direction. Hang on....
you need channels that inside are a Group and for this channels grab the guide
this is all the Magic

Code: Select all

/// <summary>
 /// Retrieves the ChannelGroups for ChannelType
 /// </summary>
 /// <param name="channeltype">The Channel Type Radio or Tv </param>
 /// <returns>a List of ChannelGroups</returns>
 public List<IChannelGroup> ChannelGroups(ChannelType channeltype)
 {
     List<IChannelGroup> groupList = new List<IChannelGroup>();
     var groups = tvSchedulerServiceAgent.GetAllChannelGroups(channeltype), true);
     switch (channeltype)
     {
         case ChannelType.Radio:
              groupList.Add(new ClientChannelGroup(ChannelGroup.AllRadioChannelsGroupId, "All Radio Channels"));
              break;
         case ChannelType.TV:
              groupList.Add(new ClientChannelGroup(ChannelGroup.AllTvChannelsGroupId, "All Tv Channels"));
              break;
     }

foreach (ChannelGroup c in groups.OrderBy(gr => gr.GroupName))
     {
         groupList.Add(new ClientChannelGroup(c));
     }

return groupList;
}

/// <summary>
/// Retrieve Channels that are in The Group
/// </summary>
/// <param name="groupid">The GroupId</param>
/// <returns>A List of Channels they are in the group</returns>
public List<IChannel> GroupChannels(Guid id)
{
    List<IChannel> channelList = new List<IChannel>();            
    var channels = tvSchedulerServiceAgent.GetChannelsInGroup(id, true);
    foreach (Channel c in channels.OrderBy(ch => ch.DisplayName))
    {
        channelList.Add(new ClientChannel(c));
    }
    return channelList;
}

public List<IProgram> ChannelPrograms(IChannel channel,Guid sourceid, DateTime from, DateTime to)
{
    List<IProgram> programList = new List<IProgram>();
    GuideProgramSummary[] summaries = tvGuideServiceAgent.GetChannelProgramsBetween(sourceid, from, to);
    foreach (GuideProgramSummary summary in summaries)
    {
        programList.Add(new ClientProgram(channel,tvGuideServiceAgent.GetProgramById(summary.GuideProgramId)));
    }
    return programList;
}

d.a.houtman

Post by d.a.houtman » Tue May 07, 2013 8:26 pm

I post a message in the development part of the forum about this issue. I found already out that I have used an obsolete api call. I will replace it with a new replacement which also give me the ability to sort and to use groups.

Verstuurd van mijn ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T met Tapatalk

codex

Post by codex » Tue May 07, 2013 10:24 pm

Wow, thanks for looking into that, very impressed by the work you've done so far.

Have you considered making the code open source? I'm really busy at the moment, but at some point would like to help with the app (currently busy on an android app at work). The iphone app has great functionality and it would be good to get the same on android.

In the mean time I'm appreciating the work you're putting in.

d.a.houtman

Post by d.a.houtman » Wed May 08, 2013 10:57 am

I'm not familiar how to deal with an open source project, but i ll look into that. Maybe i ll have a look at github, or do you have other ideas?

codex

Post by codex » Wed May 08, 2013 11:34 am

Github is good for open source projects, and I've used bitbucket when you want a closed group rather than completely open. Both really simple to set up and integrate nicely if you're using eclipse to develop android apps. Does take a bit of setting up though!