xbox-one client

Other clients written by the community
pbathuk

xbox-one client

Post by pbathuk » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:07 pm

Now that plex have just announced an Xbox one client are their any views to either build a plex client or a native Xbox one client with integration into the one guide?

I am happy to look into the Xbox one development but wanted to check that it would be a) possible (legally and technically) and b) if anyone knew if something was already in the works?

Cheers Phil

andrewNZ

Re: xbox-one client

Post by andrewNZ » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:21 pm

I think the ideal situation would be to make an ARGUS TV plugin for Plex, that way you kill many birds with the same stone.
You'd get ARGUS TV on XboxOne, Smart TV's, tablets, and so much more...

ARGUS TV has an API, so it should be technically possible to make a plugin for either (or both :D ).
Legally, I don't see an issue. I guess there'd be an expectation that ARGUS TV branding be present.

Dot-i will no doubt clear that up. :)
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

pbathuk

Post by pbathuk » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:02 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I agree plex plugin would be the biggest audience - my thinking on the Xbox-one dedicated client would that you could potentially use the one guide and have recorded TV show up there plus the guide interface could link straight into the argus-tv interface... that's my long term goal anyways (I personally don't have a set top box so would love to get it all through xbox one)

jonaskp

Post by jonaskp » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:57 pm

I have been asking about a Plex plugin for a while now, but I don't have the necessary skills myself, and I can understand that Dot-I doesn't have the time for it.
So far no one else has picked up the torch on this.

If someone do decide to develop this, I would be more than happy to help with testing and anything else that comes to mind.

dot-i
Site Admin

Post by dot-i » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:09 pm

Since Plex is based on XBMC, I wonder how easy it would be to use Red_F's current XBMC plugin as a basis for a Plex plugin?
I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf. -- Robert Bloch

jonaskp

Post by jonaskp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:50 pm

I have no idea.
All I know is that Plex Home Theater (the desktop application) is based on XBMC, but the Plex Media Server is written from scratch.
And all plugins are made for the Media Server, so maybe that will not work?