SchedulesDirect JSON client

Other clients written by the community
geoffstewart

Re: SchedulesDirect JSON client

Post by geoffstewart » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Well, try this one... looks like I edited it back in June.

Backup the existing JSONService directory in plugins. Unzip this into the plugins directory.

See if this helps.

g
Attachments
JSONService.zip
A version I built in June, apparently
(94.35 KiB) Downloaded 1094 times

lisag

Post by lisag » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:37 pm

Thank you for your fast response, unfortunately I seem to be having some teething issues.

When I run the task from the task scheduler, the Argus Scheduler Console log reports that:

Plugin SchedulesDirectJSONService not found, check your configuration.

If I then go and run the ArgusTV.GuideImporter in the Importer plugin dropdown menu I can choose SchedulesDirectGuideImporter (formerly this was called SchedulesDirectJSONService I believe) I click configure and enter my details. But when I click save I get an error message:

'Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path

Under the details tab there is a lot of information that I could copy and paste to here if you need it.

geoffstewart

Post by geoffstewart » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:01 am

lisag wrote:Thank you for your fast response, unfortunately I seem to be having some teething issues.

When I run the task from the task scheduler, the Argus Scheduler Console log reports that:

Plugin SchedulesDirectJSONService not found, check your configuration.

If I then go and run the ArgusTV.GuideImporter in the Importer plugin dropdown menu I can choose SchedulesDirectGuideImporter (formerly this was called SchedulesDirectJSONService I believe) I click configure and enter my details. But when I click save I get an error message:

'Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path

Under the details tab there is a lot of information that I could copy and paste to here if you need it.
Hmm, what version of argus? Maybe I'm way behind

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

lisag

Post by lisag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:17 am

It is Argus TV version 2.3

geoffstewart

Post by geoffstewart » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:47 pm

OK, I have that version. Something is messed in your guide importer.

Make sure the guideimporter is not running
backup the guideimporter program directory (i.e., rename to guideimporter.orig)
extract the bundle here in the argustv program directory... it contains the whole guide importer

Let me know how it goes.

Geoff
Attachments
GuideImporter.zip
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 1092 times

lisag

Post by lisag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:10 pm

Thanks.

I have extracted it to this location..

C:\Program Files (x86)\ARGUS TV\GuideImporter

If I then run the ArgusTV.GuideImporter application, it opens up but the dropdown menu where I am to select the Importer plugin is blank, nothing shows up there at all.

geoffstewart

Post by geoffstewart » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:35 pm

Weird. I can run this even when I expand the zip file to c:\temp\GuideImporter\

Are you running ArgusTV on a weird port, maybe?

There is ArgusTV.GuideImporter.exe.config file that points to the appropriate IP and port. The IP is localhost (127.0.0.1) and the default port. Perhaps that's not standard in your installation?

lisag

Post by lisag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:01 pm

Hi, thanks for your patience.

I got it working on my Windows 10 laptop, using the static IP address of the server where Argus is installed. I then copied the GuideImporter folder over to my Windows 8.1 server, and ran it from the server and it worked!

Unfortunately, after running a new import, there are still gaps in the guide data.

This forum won't allow me to attach the entire log, but here is a flavour of the error messages:

2017-09-26 22:37:55,650 [ERROR][1]: Program failed in factory:
{"programID":"EP012731430061","airDateTime":"2017-10-01T05:10:00Z","duration":600,"md5":"Jui8EKDmFVw1FEgTjspe5A","audioProperties":["stereo"],"ratings":null,"new":null,"signed":null,"liveTapeDelay":null,"cableInTheClassroom":null,"catchup":null,"continued":null,"educational":null,"joinedInProgress":null,"leftInProgress":null,"premiere":null,"programBreak":null,"repeat":null,"subjectToBlackout":null,"timeApproximate":null,"isPremiereOrFinale":null,"multipart":null}

There are a few of those, and there are also some of these:

2017-09-26 22:37:59,400 [ERROR][1]: Error while creating guide program instances: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ArgusTV.GuideImporter.JSONService.ProgramFactory.makeEpisodeNumber(ProgramResponseInstance pri) in c:\Users\geoff\Documents\git\ARGUS-TV\ArgusTV.GuideImporter.JSONService\ProgramFactory.cs:line 182
at ArgusTV.GuideImporter.JSONService.ProgramFactory.makeGuideProgram(SchedulesResponse sr, Program srp, ProgramResponseInstance pri) in c:\Users\geoff\Documents\git\ARGUS-TV\ArgusTV.GuideImporter.JSONService\ProgramFactory.cs:line 80

geoffstewart

Post by geoffstewart » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:39 pm

OK, now we're cooking with fire! :)

Can you tell me the zipcode or postal code you're using and the provider... I'll try to re-create the issue here.

It sounds like the contents are less detailed in your area and I need to better handle lack of data.

Is this over the air?

lisag

Post by lisag » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:04 am

Hurrah :)

I am using Schedules Direct JSON, I am in the UK and use postcode SE25 to get the London listings as I use the Crystal Palace transmitter for Freeview.

In the SD line-up I have selected this one:

YouView - Carlton - /20141201/lineups/GBR-0001317-DEFAULT

I actually only grab for the main channels, I populate the rest of the guide with OTA data, but use the SDJSON data for these channels:

101 BBC One HD
102 BBC Two HD
103 ITV1 HD (London)
104 Channel 4 HD
106 BBC Four HD
107 BBC News HD

Many thanks!