Need help with DVBSky T982 PCIe card

The built-in ARGUS TV recorder for digital TV
sckn

Need help with DVBSky T982 PCIe card

Post by sckn » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi, I bought a DVBSky T982 two days ago, it has 2 DVB-T,T2 and C tuner, but I can't use it with argus recorder.

With dvbviewer, I can use the two tuners using PIP, but with argus I only can use one tuner selecting it with argus recorder console (status option) the other tuner always say "No Signal", but is strange because only can use the #3 card, I have this cards ordered in argus:

Card 1 - Technisat DVB-S2
Card 2 - T982 DVB-T Tuner #1
Card 3 - T982 DVB-T Tuner #2
Card 4 - T982 DVB-C Tuner #1
Card 5 - T982 DVB-C Tuner #2

With all cards enabled:

Card 1 always work in recorder console and with live tv option in scheduler console.

Card 2 never work (No signal)

Card 3 only work with manual recording in recorder console

Card 4 and 5 are virtual and I haven't cable in home.

If change priority of the card #3 upping it to #2 and the #2 to #3, don't make difference, because I still needing to use card #3 in recorder console and scheduler console still not working.

If I disable the card #2, I can't use DVB-T in recorder and in the scheduler console, always get "no signal" error.

Please can anyone help me? :cry:

Thanks.
Attachments
Logs.zip
Logs
(162.09 KiB) Downloaded 426 times

andrewNZ

Re: Need help with DVBSky T982 PCIe card

Post by andrewNZ » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:45 pm

The Scheduler console issue sounds simple to fix. It sounds to me like the services scanned aren't mapped to the channels you are trying to tune.

As for the card behaviour.
-Are you SURE dvbviewer is using both tuners? It's possible it's tuning two channels on the same MUX so only using 1 card. You can double check by tuning two channels that are on different frequencies.

-When you scan for services, do both cards find channels?

-What happens if you move the antenna to the other port? does the behaviour stay the same, or does the behaviour swap.

I'm thinking maybe this card required 2 antenna inputs to use both tuners.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

sckn

Re: Need help with DVBSky T982 PCIe card

Post by sckn » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:12 pm

Thank you for your help, but finally I have returned the card to amazon, and I have bought another card, in this case a TBS6280 (a little more expensive) that is fully compatible with Argus, that I still waiting to receive it at home from France.

Thanks you again.