Tuning/Recording failing first time

The built-in ARGUS TV recorder for digital TV
jimmyhart

Tuning/Recording failing first time

Post by jimmyhart » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:05 pm

Hi all, I'm using Argus and XBMC for Live TV and have a TBS 6982 dual tuner. It's working great (general viewing, recording, EPG, everything) but since starting to use MDAPI Plus with it, I've noticed something strange. When I wake from sleep or have freshly booted the machine (from cold or restart), tuning into or recording any channel be it free to air or encrypted will fail the first time, via recorder console or XBMC. But when I then try again, it works fine all the time, until the next restart or sleep, etc. This is the same on both tuners.

I've looked all around the internet to find the problem and have tried different settings in Mdapi Plus, and in argus I've reset when idle, 15 second wait for singal time, different cam limits and none of it makes a difference. All I've seen that stops it in unticking/disabling MDAPI in the cards menu in Argus. When I do this, free channels record instantly no problems, but encrypted ones obviously don't work.

When I'm browsing and viewing in XBMC it's not really a problem as I just select the channel a 2nd time and it works, but when I have a recording scheduled and it's coming out of sleep to do it, it'll fail until I try a tuning the first time, then it'll connect.

Does anyone have any advice as to what I can do with this? I'm not sure if it's something on the Argus or Mdapi Plus side, but it would be good if I could get it fixed. Maybe there's a setting I can change, or even if there's a way for tuning to automatically retry? That way, a recording or viewing will fail the first time but then should work when it tries a second time, without any input from myself. Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I'm pretty lost at the moment.

Just to add to this, I uninstalled Mdapi Plus completely, restarted then tried a manual recording in Argus with the Mdapi option still selected on both cards and it worked straight away. So definitely looks like something in Mdapi Plus, but don't know what or where else to ask.