Handling of consecutive programmes on different channels

The built-in ARGUS TV recorder for digital TV
pcolmer

Handling of consecutive programmes on different channels

Post by pcolmer » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:33 pm

I've just set up Argus TV to use with Kodi. At the moment, I have a single USB DVB-T2 tuner. I will be adding a second one once I've stopped using my WMC computer.

In testing, I've noticed that if I have consecutive programmes on different channels, i.e. not on the same multiplex, the first programme is halted 2 minutes before the second programme starts. For example:

19:30 - 20:00 schedule time, programme 1
20:00 - 20:30 schedule time, programme 2

19:28 - 19:58 recorded time, programme 1
19:58 - 20:35 recorded time, programme 2

Now, I realise that Argus is configured to start recording 2 minutes before the scheduled start and finish 5 minutes after the scheduled end BUT that only works properly if you've got enough tuners to run recordings in parallel.

If there isn't a "free" tuner, my preferred outcome would be:

19:28 - 20:00
20:00 - 20:35

i.e. cut-over from programme 1 to programme 2 at the actual overlap time.

Is there a setting I've missed that allows me to do this, or does Argus not support that scenario.

I realise that adding a second tuner will avoid that ... to a large degree, but only until I get to the point where I need to record two programmes in parallel and then a 3rd or 4th sequential recording and then I'm back to the previous problem.

Thanks.

pcolmer

Re: Handling of consecutive programmes on different channels

Post by pcolmer » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:10 am

Getting a bit more used to finding my way around the software now, I've now found the "Recording Conflicts" settings in Scheduler.

"Always adjust or drop pre/post-recording for consecutive recordings" is off.

"Adjust or drop pre/post-recording for recordings only in case of conflict" is on.

"Drop pre/post-recording for consecutive recordings only on the same channel" is off.

So, given those settings, I would expect Argus to record in the way I described, i.e. if only one tuner is available and it has consecutive recordings on different channels, it should adjust or drop pre/post-recording.

I'll have to keep an eye on it. I've not got too much in the scheduler yet so the next potential clash is 14th April around 7pm.