Recorded TV not seen in MediaPortal

Use MediaPortal TV Server to tune and record analog or digital TV
mukow

Recorded TV not seen in MediaPortal

Post by mukow » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi All,

Have been playing around with MediaPortal for a few years and have found the Argus Scheduler service resolves some of the issues with recording.

Currently using Mediaportal TV Server, Mediaportal Client and Argus TV Scheduler for advanced schedules.
What i have found is that ARgus Scheduler is recording TV but the recordings are not found within MediaPortal.

I would not like to use the Argus TV MediaPortal TV client if I do not need to as this will stop "MPExtended" and AmpDroid from working correctly. If anyone could let me know if this is a configuration issue or just the way it is.

hexagon

Re: Recorded TV not seen in MediaPortal

Post by hexagon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:11 am

Yes, this happens to me too if I install or upgrade MediaPortal after ARGUS was installed. Simply run the ARGUS installation again and you'll see your recordings in MediaPortal.

thekiwi

Post by thekiwi » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:39 am

So what do you guy install to get Argus Scheduler but still able to use Ampdroid etc with the MP TV Server?

At the install screen for Argus, Do you only select the Scheduler options and untick both of the recorders?

Octane

Post by Octane » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:45 pm

Hi

I am testing Argus TV with MediaPortal TV Server 1.10.0 and I can't see the Argus recordings in the MediaPortal client. I can see that the files are actually are created when I record. I have tried to reinstall Argus TV but with the same result.

Luca Brasi

Post by Luca Brasi » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:36 pm

Working fine here.
@hexagon just untick the Argus recorder. You'll need the mp one.
HTPC: Win8.1Pro, Argus TV latest, MediaPortal 1.7, 1xFireDTV DVB-C, 2x Mystique Cabix DVB-C, 2xDigital Devices Cine Dvb-C

Octane

Post by Octane » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:18 pm

Hi again

I still have the same issue. I have even tried to reinstall Windows and even tried MediaPortal 1.9.0. But still no Argus Recordings in the MediaPortal client under Recorded TV. I can see that a recording is being done in the client. I have noticed that there is no XML file created when Argus does the recording vs when TV Server does it.

I have installed
Server
-Scheduler
Recorders
-MediaPortal TV Server
GUI Clients
-Scheduler Console

I don’t use the MediaPortal client plug-in for ArgusTV. Do I need that? I want the client to be a clean MediaPortal and only run the ArgusTV scheduler on my TV Server backend, so I there can do advanced scheduling.

Luca Brasi

Post by Luca Brasi » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:01 am

That's it. You have to install the Argus client plugin for mp. No way around it. Will conflict with watching recordings in ampdroid and alike though

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk
HTPC: Win8.1Pro, Argus TV latest, MediaPortal 1.7, 1xFireDTV DVB-C, 2x Mystique Cabix DVB-C, 2xDigital Devices Cine Dvb-C