WebGrab+Plus and Argus - Supporter Thread

Discuss XMLTV grabbers or get help with XMLTV grabbing here
sgibbers17

Re: WebGrab+Plus and Argus - Supporter Thread

Post by sgibbers17 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:35 pm

I am in the US so I don't know which one you need to use. I only tried schedules direct and tvguide. TV Guide was the one that grabbed the correct episode and season numbers

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi elsmandino

First choice should be the guide you prefer. try it with this one. if there are problems, post them here - and we can see, if we could easily change the ini - or if it's too outdated.
In parallel you could try others to your conveniance

Greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

elsmandino

Post by elsmandino » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:58 pm

Hi,

I did try changing my recording format to that suggested by Sgibbers17 and tried grabbing with the UK version of TVGuide but unfortunately, the recording came back with S00E00 - unfortunately, Argus TV is not recognising the Season and Episode format provided.

As Christophx21x suggested, I think I shall find a guide that I get on with best and then try and change the ini file to try and see if I can do the following two things:

1. Output the Season and Episode information in a way that gets automatically recognised by Argus and XBMC and

2. Outputs the Season and Episode name actually into either the main title or the subtitle.

Thanks again for you help with this guys - I shall pop back once I have had a play with a few of the other guide options.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:40 pm

Hey els,

don't try too long to fix an ini file by yourself, drop your needs here, we'll see if we can fix it or assist. This may also be in parallel to your efforts.
Sgibbers is most professional and I'd like to help, too.
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Malyngo

Post by Malyngo » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:31 pm

Is there a german guide where I can get the Season/Episode Number in a format like S02E01? All I tried seem to not have it at all, or provide the absolute Episode number (so more like S02E25).
I am using Plex for watching my shows, and it has trouble matching the correct episode then.

sgibbers17

Post by sgibbers17 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:36 am

Just so you guys know I have little knowledge when it comes to editing these files. I just know what I Learned from trying to get mine up and running and I just shared what I learned. I recommend posting your site.ini, webgrab++config, and log onto webgrab+Plus forum. The guy that created the software is very helpful and will make changes to site.ini files to fit your needs.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:18 am

Malyngo wrote:Is there a german guide where I can get the Season/Episode Number in a format like S02E01? All I tried seem to not have it at all, or provide the absolute Episode number (so more like S02E25).
I am using Plex for watching my shows, and it has trouble matching the correct episode then.
Hi Mlyngo
I use tvtoday.de and fixed the season/episodegrabbing, but to xmltv_ns type (numeric), so that you can use it with the Argus naming variables.
See post viewtopic.php?p=25258#p25258

Malyngo

Post by Malyngo » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:59 am

Hi Christoph,
I used that, and it is working quite well in the respect that Argus is handling this fine.
The named recording ends up with S03E36, so the numbers are recognized. The episodenumber is absolute, though. But well, this is data it gets from the tvtoday site, so nothing can be done about that.

But in Plex, this won't be recognized as the correct episode then, unfortunatly. Right now, for the moment, I changed the ini to not give me the Episodenumber at all. But I get the Episodename, which on its own is a huge plus.
I then use Guideenricher to get the Episodenumber from thetvdb. But as I understand it, this is only working as long as I don't upgrade Argus to the current RC.

Maybe I should look into the Plex agent stuff, and fix it on that side.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:21 pm

Hi Malyngo
You´re right - absolute numbering. Unfortunately I never got the absolute numbering in xbmc with thetvdb scaper working. I already dropped several times questions about that in the xbmc forum - I never got any answer from anybody who was able to make it working.
Even worse: as tvtoday, tvspielfilm and tvmovie use the same data basis, you get the exactly same information frm them, as well.
No need to change the ini file to ¨deactivate¨ season number, you can simply set the text ¨S00¨ instead of %SEASONNUMBER% in scheduler recording names.

Pls let me know if you get any further with plex.

Kind greetz - Chris

EDIT: PS - do you know a good site with relative numbering? If so, we could create an ini for that one...

Malyngo

Post by Malyngo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:22 am

Christoph21x wrote:No need to change the ini file to ¨deactivate¨ season number, you can simply set the text ¨S00¨ instead of %SEASONNUMBER% in scheduler recording names.
I deactivate it so the GuideEnricher, which I am still running right now, will add the Season information.

Unfortunatly, I don't know of any provider with relative numbering :(