XML tv grabber creating unwanted channels.

Discuss XMLTV grabbers or get help with XMLTV grabbing here
codex

XML tv grabber creating unwanted channels.

Post by codex » Sat May 04, 2013 9:40 am

I've got my system set up perfectly, all happy, but the xml tv grabber grabs keeps adding in extra channels that I don't receive (eg HD channels). This then messes up my guide. I can delete these channels, but next time the xml is imported the channels appear again.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this, or do I have to resort to switching of the xml grabber?

Sjakko

Re: XML tv grabber creating unwanted channels.

Post by Sjakko » Sat May 04, 2013 11:00 am

Hi Codex,

The behavior you describe is normal behavior for ARGUS TV. If the Guide Channel doesn't already exist, then:
1. A Guide Channel is created in ARGUS TV.
2. A Channel is created in ARGUS TV.
3. The Guide Channel is mapped to the Channel.

You shouldn't have to disable the XMLTV grabber, because most grabbers can be configured to grab only the channels you want.
ARGUS TV + Recorder, 4 x FloppyDTV DVB-C, Smargo Smartreader Plus, MDAPI Plus, ACamd, OSCam, Win7 x64.

codex

Post by codex » Sat May 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Thanks for that, it's what I thought, but I can't find an option to configure in my xml grabber (using xmltv gui with radio times data for the UK). Will need to have a search and see. The other problem is that it's seeing some of the channel names differently so duplicating those channel for example Argus see BBC ONE, radio times has BBC1. I can map the guide so that it populates the data for BBC ONE, but it also creates the new channel. It's a pain as the android app brings in all the channels (iphone/ipad I can use favourites to get around this), and also when searching you get multiple entries.

If anyone has done this before and knows where I'm going wrong, let me know.

codex

Post by codex » Sat May 04, 2013 12:29 pm

Ahh, looks like I've found the bit in the grabber that lists channels (I must have done this before but left some extra channels in by mistake as I was only grabbing some channels). It is, fairly obviously but in case anyone else is stuck, in tools, grabbers - click on your grabber then on channels.