WebgrabPlus+ and BBC3 and BBC4

Discuss XMLTV grabbers or get help with XMLTV grabbing here
elsmandino

WebgrabPlus+ and BBC3 and BBC4

Post by elsmandino » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:00 pm

Hi,

Has anyone noticed that because BBC3 and BBC4 are only broadcast between 7pm and 4am, the EPG shows that any program beginning at 3:30am appears to last until 7PM.

This means that Argus is often recording hours of nothing.

Is there any clever way that I can tell Argus to only ever record between 7pm and 4am whenever a program appears on either of these two channels?

Christoph21x

Re: WebgrabPlus+ and BBC3 and BBC4

Post by Christoph21x » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:50 am

Hey dear els

Sure, you can set up recording schedules only active in a certain period. Use the recordings settings "starting between":
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (7.11 KiB) Viewed 24831 times
But you can also tell WG++ to only scrape the times between certain times for channes - with this you can combine to chans in one (like you may find it: during the day eg nickelodeon, during the night comedy central:
Please see the example for a "CombiChan":

Code: Select all

<channel period="00:00-06:00" site="tvgids.nl" site_channel="AT5" site_id="40" update="i" xmltv_id="Comb">CombiChan</channel>
<channel period="06:00-24:00" site="tv1.org" site_channel="RTL8" site_id="67" update="i" xmltv_id="Comb">CombiChan</channel>
<channel exclude="Live Tekst TV" site="tv.com" site_channel="RTL6" site_id="68" update="i" xmltv_id="Comb">CombiChan</channel>
Kind greetz - Chris

elsmandino wrote:Hi,

Has anyone noticed that because BBC3 and BBC4 are only broadcast between 7pm and 4am, the EPG shows that any program beginning at 3:30am appears to last until 7PM.

This means that Argus is often recording hours of nothing.

Is there any clever way that I can tell Argus to only ever record between 7pm and 4am whenever a program appears on either of these two channels?
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

elsmandino

Post by elsmandino » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:33 pm

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for that - I hadn't realised that WG++ allowed you to change scraping times for individual channels. That is exactly what I need, except that I do not need to combine any channels, I only need BBC3 HD to get information for the period that it broadcasts - 19:00 to 4:00.

This is the original entry for the channel:

<channel site="tvguide.co.uk" xmltv_id="BBC3 HD" site_id="892" update="i">BBC3 HD</channel>

Am I correct in thinking that I would need to change it to the following:

<channel period="00:00-04:00" site="tvguide.co.uk" xmltv_id="BBC3 HD" site_id="892" update="i">BBC3 HD</channel>
<channel period="19:00-00:00" site="tvguide.co.uk" xmltv_id="BBC3 HD" site_id="892" update="i">BBC3 HD</channel>​

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:40 pm

Dear els

Glad having been able to help you, friend.
The second of your example config code must be
channel period="19:00-24:00" instead of 00:00
As I´m not using this feature, you might also try (let it create a sample for 1 day and import it) channel period="19:00-04:00" in only one single line.

Greetz - Chris
elsmandino wrote:Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for that - I hadn't realised that WG++ allowed you to change scraping times for individual channels. That is exactly what I need, except that I do not need to combine any channels, I only need BBC3 HD to get information for the period that it broadcasts - 19:00 to 4:00.

This is the original entry for the channel:

<channel site="tvguide.co.uk" xmltv_id="BBC3 HD" site_id="892" update="i">BBC3 HD</channel>

Am I correct in thinking that I would need to change it to the following:

<channel period="00:00-04:00" site="tvguide.co.uk" xmltv_id="BBC3 HD" site_id="892" update="i">BBC3 HD</channel>
<channel period="19:00-00:00" site="tvguide.co.uk" xmltv_id="BBC3 HD" site_id="892" update="i">BBC3 HD</channel>​
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)