Scheduling without repeats

Full administration access to your ARGUS TV system
quartermain

Scheduling without repeats

Post by quartermain » Sun May 04, 2014 9:59 am

What's the best way to use the scheduler to catch every episode of a series without repeats?

For example here in the UK we have series 2 of "In The Flesh" starting today. Episode 1 is broadcast five times:

May 4th at 22:00 as "New: In The Flesh"
May 5th at 00:45 as "New: In The Flesh"
May 5th at 03:00 as "In The Flesh"
May 6th at 00:30 as "New: In The Flesh"
May 9th at 01:50 as "New: In The Flesh"

If I right-click the first EPG entry and select "Record Any Time" I see the four episodes with New in the title. The third and fourth are greyed out. They ungrey if I deselect "only record episodes once". If I edit the title search to be Contains and "In The Flesh" I see all five, of which the last three are greyed out.

Does this mean that the first two will both be recorded? Or does it mean that they are both viable candidates and when the recording time arrives, the first one still viable will be recorded? I want to keep the search as general as possible so that the scheduler will have all five showings to choose from in case of clashes, but I only want to record each episode once.

Also is there any way of getting to see the downloaded DVB EPG details? If I put "1" in the Episode Number field, all five instances vanish, so clearly the part of the EPG that this field matches doesn't contain a 1! If I was using an external XMLTV feed I could just open the file and look at it, but I'm not. I guess I could use EPG Collector and look at its output but since the data is already in ArgusTV that seems a bit of a faff.

PaulAEvans

Re: Scheduling without repeats

Post by PaulAEvans » Sun May 04, 2014 11:14 am

quartermain wrote:What's the best way to use the scheduler to catch every episode of a series without repeats?

For example here in the UK we have series 2 of "In The Flesh" starting today. Episode 1 is broadcast five times:

May 4th at 22:00 as "New: In The Flesh"
May 5th at 00:45 as "New: In The Flesh"
May 5th at 03:00 as "In The Flesh"
May 6th at 00:30 as "New: In The Flesh"
May 9th at 01:50 as "New: In The Flesh"
I am also in UK. I am using ver 2.3 Beta1 but I believe rules still hold for earlier versions. If I do same ie rec anytime with episodes once box ticked, I get first episode selected with other episode ones deselected and greyed out,same for episode 2

I get my epg from RT web site using XMLTVGUI see wiki. I think your epg source is confusing the system by adding New: to name? I also tried with just containing In The Flesh and it also works correctly?
Server: Gigabyte GA-Ex58-UD3R Intel i7 Corsair 6GB;Os on Sandisk 128GB SSD; TBS 6984 QuadDVB-S2, Nova-DT Dual DVB-T, Win7 SP1, Argus 2.3, SQLExp 2012
Clients: 3x XBMC RaspPi;1x ASUS A8N-VM CSM AMD 4200+ 2GB RAM, Win7 SP1 MP1.6/XBMC,Argus 2.3

Caesium

Post by Caesium » Sun May 04, 2014 2:10 pm

PaulAEvans wrote:I think your epg source is confusing the system by adding New: to name? I also tried with just containing In The Flesh and it also works correctly?
It's the DVB EPG that's doing this, and its really annoying. I've noticed it becoming a trend over the last couple of years to start prepending New :(

Using scrid as a series link identifier for choosing things to record instead of relying on titles would be a good fix but I was more or less ignored when I asked for it a year or two ago, I think :p

quartermain

Post by quartermain » Mon May 05, 2014 6:41 pm

EPG Collector can grab XMLTV from the DVB stream, and the output contains the series and episode CRIDs. I hope to do some experiments with this, altering it so that the CRID data is in an element of the XML that Argus looks at. It's guesswork though.