Moving recordings and updating database

General talk about ARGUS TV
quartermain

Moving recordings and updating database

Post by quartermain » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:03 pm

I record directly to a NAS which until recently was attached to the same Gigabit switch as the media PC. However the NAS has now moved and is now accessed via PowerLine Ethernet. This is Gigabit at both ends and claims 130Mbit/s transfer speeds, but I am nervous about whether it can really cope with recording multiple HD programs while watching another.

Ideally I'd like to record to the local SSD and then move the recordings during the night, updating the database to reflect their new location so they appear in XBMC Live TV/Recordings as before. Has anyone done this and if so how easy was it? I didn't install Management Studio on the PC but I could use sqlcmd.

PaulAEvans

Re: Moving recordings and updating database

Post by PaulAEvans » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:34 pm

Ideally I'd like to record to the local SSD and then move the recordings during the night, updating the database to reflect their new location so they appear in XBMC Live TV/Recordings as before. Has anyone done this and if so how easy was it? I didn't install Management Studio on the PC but I could use sqlcmd.
I regularly transcode and, via a batch file, automatically move audio recording from the Argus rec directory to another directory, albeit locally. I utilise the Argus batch file command (rename) see wiki link http://www.argus-tv.com/wiki/index.php? ... _Processor

The process should work from a local SSD to a NAS store providing you have correct read/write authorities. Use UNC format for the new directory. If you adhere to the Argus batch file command, the the Argus database will be updated and point to the new file and location....
Server: Gigabyte GA-Ex58-UD3R Intel i7 Corsair 6GB;Os on Sandisk 128GB SSD; TBS 6984 QuadDVB-S2, Nova-DT Dual DVB-T, Win7 SP1, Argus 2.3, SQLExp 2012
Clients: 3x XBMC RaspPi;1x ASUS A8N-VM CSM AMD 4200+ 2GB RAM, Win7 SP1 MP1.6/XBMC,Argus 2.3

quartermain

Re: Moving recordings and updating database

Post by quartermain » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Does the batch processor do anything other than update the RecordingFileName field in the Recording table? I'm more comfortable with Python than batch scripts and with the PyODBC module I could update the database directly.